lørdag 29. mai 2010

What a marvellous day

Today when i woke up, the sun was shining in trough my bedroom window, at least it tried. and I tried to make it stay out. I'm using both blinds and drop downs to avoid the light from coming into my room during night time, Not good enough. All night long it's quite light inside and I usually don't have to worry about oversleeping. Today I was up at seven and what a pleasure to get up so early today. Splendid weather, no wind and a sun that almost made me think of the warm sun from last summer in Crete. I had no other choice than to use it, to get out and enjoy the nature.

My trip took me up to Storfjellet, a popular place for the people in Hammerest to walk. On my way up, there was already three or four other people struggling to get up, and a crazy came jogging by, up the hillside. I walked on, past the top and further in to the mountain area. Never far away from settlements, but it felt like I was alone and could be so for days. My phone got bad connetion and I tried once, twice and three times to send a short message, before I succeeded.

Up in the mountain there was still some snow, espcially in the slopes where the snow had been piling up during stormy weather. And on many of the small lakes the ice still hadn't disappeared. Further in I came across a small flock of reindeer, trying to get fat just for us to slaughter them in the autumn and eat them. The reindeer belongs to people from the sami people and are neither tame or wild. With my camera I managed to get some nice pictures of them, Two of them was very curious but with any sudden movements they ran away; just to come back a few minutes later.


While taking them I layed on the ground and I slowly started closing my eyes, wanting to sleep. It was such a pleasureous moment, curious reindeer, a warming sun and a lazy Roy. But for more pleasent nature watching I had to get up and walk on.

A further closer I started to walk back, this time along some really stony barren slopes. Suddenly a male ptmarigan took off, scared me with it's sound and flew away. I managed to get a few photos but really not so very good. As I was about to leave I discoverd a female also. Thanks to her nervous behavior I was able to see her head. If not I might have just passed by her, made her fly away, without me manage to shoot any photos.


 As you can see from my first picture of her, she's not easy to see, she is very well camouflaged for living in this stony area. The best picture I got is the one I use on the heading of this blog.  When I got to close she flew off and it left me thinking; should I pursue her, hoping to secure more photos or just leave them alone. Just not disturb them here, in a suiting place to mate and breed. I walked on a little, discovered the male again, tried to get closer to him, but gave up when he ones again took to his wings and flew away.

After some hours and this encounter I felt satisfied and began on my walk back home. After a short shower, I waked out and joined my friends at a cafe.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar